Just as we take the safety of our members and guests seriously, we also take their health seriously.
As of the date of this notification, Temple Har Zion offers both on-site, as well as online, attendance at our services. If you are uncomfortable with the current protocols below, please attend on Zoom.
Safety is paramount. Unfortunately, COVID-19 is still present in our community. In order to keep our community safe, caution must be taken by everyone involved. Therefore, the safety committee requires the following protocols to be followed while at THZ.
- Temple Har Zion requests that only those who have been fully vaccinated attend in person.
- We may decide to additionally require proof of a negative COVID-19 test for all under age 12 and anyone who is not vaccine eligible.
- Masking will still be required for those sitting in the main sanctuary as follows:
- Wearing of masks is still required for those seated at the FRONT of the sanctuary. However, masks will be optional if you choose to sit in the social hall area behind the sanctuary.
- Exceptions being: service leaders on the bimah, or while you are seated and eating at a table in the social hall.
- Additionally, please know that the service leaders will be unmasked when on the bimah and that the plexiglass shields have been removed.
- If you choose to be unmasked, you will still be required to wear a mask if called up to the bimah or when you are moving about in other areas of the building.
- Social distancing is still encouraged in the sanctuary.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and throughout the building.
- Please be aware that you may be on camera while in the sanctuary during services. If you are uncomfortable with this, you may move to the back or the side that is off camera.
Finally, please be respectful of others’ choices to wear or not wear a mask and do your part to create an accepting and hospitable experience for everyone.
These safety requirements for in-person attendance at Temple Har Zion are effective immediately, but subject to change based on relevant NJ COVID-19 guidelines, as well as CDC recommendations, or the recommendation of the safety committee, and may be modified or rescinded without prior notification.