Our new website is coming soon,
but join us for High Holiday services
Temple Har Zion was established in the historic town of Mt. Holly, New Jersey 80 years ago. We are an egalitarian, Jewish Renewal-oriented congregation in the Conservative tradition. We have a vibrant Hebrew School, friendly Sisterhood (no membership required), social action and compelling adult education programs.
Save the date! Join us on the evening of Oct. 24 as we celebrate our 80th anniversary with a multigenerational candlelighting ceremony, an hors d’oeuvres reception, historical displays and more.
Richard Simon, Rabbi
Ruth Cook, President
- Slichot: Saturday, Sept. 5, 9 p.m.
- Erev Rosh Hashanah*: Sunday, Sept. 13, 8 p.m.
- Rosh Hashanah 1st Day*: Monday, Sept. 14, 9 a.m.
- Rosh Hashanah 2nd Day*: Tuesday, Sept. 15, 9:30 a.m.
- Erev Shabbat Shuvah: Friday, Sept. 18, 8 p.m.
- Shabbat Shuvah: Saturday, Sept. 19, 9 a.m.
- Kol Nidre*: Tuesday, Sept. 22, 6:30 p.m.
Yom Kippur*: Wednesday, Sept. 23
- Services Start: 9 a.m.
- Yizkor: 11 a.m.
- Kabbalah Teaching: 4:30 p.m.
- Torah Reading, Jonah, Martyrology, Service of the High Priest: 5:30 p.m.
- Ne’ilah Service: 7:30 p.m.
* These services will feature Cantor Shayndel (Sheryl) Adler-Eldridge Click here for more information on our Cantor
It is the policy of Temple Har Zion that tickets are required for all adults who wish to attend High Holy Day Services. Tickets are included in membership dues and can be purchased separately for guests. Associate members are required to purchase tickets at $90 each.
Family memberships will receive two adult tickets. Those registered as a single will receive one ticket. Children under the age of 17 will not require tickets. Young adults up to age 25 who maintain their parent’s home as a permanent residence will require tickets and are included as part of the membership. Guests of members are required to have tickets, for a suggested donation of $90 each.
Additional ticket prices are as follows: Guest Tickets: $90 (any adult family member or house guest and associate members), Non-Member: $270
Due to the continued safety concerns resulting from unrest in the world today, we will once again have security coverage during our daily services. Security will be posted both inside and outside of our building. Please remember that tickets are required for entrance to High Holiday services. The security guard may ask for ID and has the permission of the Board of Trustees to refrain from admitting people without their tickets. Please help us keep everyone safe.
Hebrew School 2015/2016
We are now accepting registration for Hebrew School for the 2015/2016 school year for Pre-Kindergarten through Post-B’nai Mitzvah. Class begins on Sunday, Sept. 20. Send an email to email@example.com to request more information.